Crohan’s disease is a type of inflammatory bowel disease(IBD) and can affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from mouth to anus. It is a disease that cause swelling in the intestines. Because the symptoms of Crohn’s disease are similar to other intestinal disorders. Experts think bacteria in your digestive tract can mistakenly trigger your immune system. This immune system response causes inflammation, leading to symptoms of crohn’s disease.
- The most common symptoms of Crohn’s disease are abdominal pain, often in the lower right area and diahrrea.
- Rectal bleeding, weight loss and fever may also occur.
- The pain is commonly cramp like and may be relieved by defecation.
- Feeling as if your bowels aren’t empty after a bowel movement.
- The exact cause of Crohn’s disease is unknown. However, genetic and environmental factors have been invoked in the pathogenesis of the disease.
- Abonormalities in the immune system have often been invoked as being causes of crohn;s disease.
- Treatment for Crohn’s disease depends on the location and severity of disease, complications and response to previous treatment.
- Treatment may include drugs, nutrition supplements, surgery or a combination of these options.
- Someone with Crohn’s disease may need medical care for a long time.
- Click here for more guidelines and diet plan.